Willkommen zur Diskussionsplattform für Orientierungslauf!

Registriere dich oder melde dich an um aktiv an Diskussionen teilzunehmen.

OL-Shop

OL im TV

bearbeitet Juni 2010 in Diskussionsforum
Auf worldOfO läuft eine interessante Diskussion über OL-Übertragungen im Fernsehen (Link: http://news.worldofo.com/2010/06/23/wants-head-to-head-duels-in-international-o-champs/)! Dabei wird vor allem über Head-to-Head-Duelle (NORT) und Qualität von TV-Übertragungen gesprochen. Auch wenn wir in Österreich noch viel weiter davon entfernt sind als Skandinavien, sollte man sich vor allem die Diskussion durchlesen!

Genial finde ich vor allem den Beitrag:
Whenever I think of O and TV, I think of the World Rally Championship – another sport with staggered starts and a race aginst the clock. WRC has a huge global audience – the difference being of course everyone knows how to drive a car and can appreciate the skill of the rally driver.

The problem with Orienteering is only a small part of the population can understand and appreciate the talent of the elite orienteer. The challenge for TV orienteering is to present the action of an intricate and technical sport in a way that can be understood by a general viewer. Not easy. But in some respects that has nothing to do with race concept. Until there has been experience of good TV productions of traditional formats you can make no judgement of how good or bad our traditional formats are for TV.

Whether a sport is “boring” or “interesting” is not the only thing for TV sports. What I have seen from South Africa makes me wonder at the irony that one of the most boring sports to watch on TV is also the most popular.

Orienteering is not boring, it is not understood. That is the problem that needs to be solved, and changing race formats (Micr-O anyone?) is not necessarily the answer.
Anmelden oder Registrieren, um zu kommentieren.